“ Ambit Energy is a great company if
1. You love a company that can't keep accurate accounting records
2. You love having your ambit account hacked with and having your billing information changed automatically (you automatically get to pay extra for that feature).
3. You love being put on hold for long periods of time with annoying music for customer service
4. You love having simple features such as setting up autopay online not work properly
5. You have total faith that if something can get screwed up will get screwed up with billing
6. You love customer service representatives who play around with your billing information to see if they can make different numbers work better
7. You love waiting extra long periods of time to speak with a managers
8. You don't mind that your Ambit problem won't be solved on the first phone call to customer service
9. You don't mind that Your Ambit problem won't be handled on the 2nd phone call to customer service
10. You're aware that either your credit card number or address will change by the time you've finally ironed out all your current issues with Ambit.
I have never experienced such a poor company to work with. I have now been on my decent to hell with them for more than 2 years. The good rates are not worth the hassle. Yes, Ambit, we will be parting ways.
Changing credit cards for autopay has been a complete nightmare. Their automated system crashes on my account every time I need to change the credit card. I call customer service (wait 20 minutes through their annoying music with their stupid recordings just waiting for the one that says to press a button and they'll call back, but I rarely get that courtesy). Once I get them on the line, they ping my credit card (successfully twice) to make sure it works, then they tell me the credit card doesn't work. I call my credit card company and they tell me that Ambit successfully pinged the account and charge the credit card $0.01 2 times, then the 3rd time, they typed in the wrong 3 CVV code. Don't you think the first correct ping was sufficient!
The best time - was when all had been going well with autopay for 9 months and I get a phone message and an email that my credit card on file is no longer working. What? I go into my records, and they have somehow pulled up an old credit card (that had been deleted from the system 9 months before) and were trying to charge the old credit card. No record of the new credit card. Customer service tells me that their records show that I have been paying with the old credit card for months! I look at my new credit card statements for the previous 9 months and Ambit regularly charged my new credit card!
Do not use this company. Your hair will turn gray, your stomach will ache, you will explode while talking with them.Pay attentions folks, this company will eat your insides. ”
October 20th, 2014