Senior citizens who have retired are often living on fixed and limited incomes. To ease this situation, Atlanta Gas Light Company (AGL) offers a senior citizen discount that is applied to their natural gas service in the form of a bill credit. The credit is approved by the Georgia Public Service Commission (PSC) which established qualifying criteria for those wishing to receive the senior citizen discount.
Who Can ApplyThis discount applies to all senior citizens living in Georgia, whether they are shopping for natural gas service in Atlanta, Athens, Augusta, or Savannah. Every senior citizen is eligible for the cheapest natural gas rate.
How to Apply for the Senior Citizen DiscountEligible seniors will be able to receive up to $14.00 in bill credit toward the AGL charges on their monthly bill. To be eligible for the discount, customers must meet the following:
- Customers must be 65 years of age or older.
- Must currently live at the address where the discount is to be applied.
- Must have a total combined gross income of $14,355 or less.
- GA PSC Senior Citizen Natural Gas Discount
- AGL provides an application and other important information on energy assistance HERE.