What are Therms, CCF, and MCF?
They are all units of measure used by natural gas companies to determine how much gas you used, and therefore how much to bill you. Different markets have different default units, so you may need to convert them to get an apples-to-apples comparison. Therms are a measure of heating units, while CCF and MCF are units of volume.
- Btu: (British Thermal Unit) is the amount of heat it takes to raise 1 pound of water from about 39°F to 40°F
- Therm: 1 therm equals 100,000 Btu
- CCF: Exactly 100 cubic feet of natural gas
- MCF: Exactly 1,000 cubic feet of natural gas, or 10 CCF
How do I convert one unit to another?
- Therms to Btu:therms × 100,000 = Btu
- Therms to CCF:therms × 1.037 = CCF
- Therms to MCF:therms × 10.37 = MCF
- CCF to Btu:CCF × 103,700 = Btu
- CCF to Therms:CCF ÷ 1.037 = Therms
- CCF to MCF:CCF × 10 = MCF
- MCF to Btu:MCF × 1,037,000 = Btu
- MCF to Therms:MCF ÷ 10.37 = Therms
- MCF to CCF:MCF ÷ 10 = CCF
You can use our natural gas unit calculator to quickly convert any unit into another:
24-Month Fixed with $100 Bill Credit
Greener Life FREE for 1 year**
Up to $150 exit fees credited*
Georgia Energy News:
Is Now the Time to Lock in a Gas Plan In Atlanta?
Who Has the Cheapest Gas Plan in Augusta?
Compare Most Stable Gas Prices In Atlanta
Is Now the Time to Lock in a Gas Plan In Macon?
Best Gas Plan for Renters in Athens
Shop No-Contract Gas Plans in Georgia
Who Has The Best 24 Month Gas In Macon?
Compare Most Stable Gas Prices In Savannah
Who Has The Cheapest Gas Plan In Atlanta?
Georgia Gas Savings Resources:
Georgia Gas Shopping Guide - How to Get The Best Natural Gas Rate
Therms, CCF and MCF Explained
When is the best time to switch Georgia Gas Providers
How to Get a Cheap Natural Gas Rate
Top 5 Ways to Lower Your Natural Gas Bill
Atlanta Gas Light Service Area Map
Natural Gas Deregulation
What Is Recycled Natural Gas?
Natural Gas Safety
Natural Gas Savings Tips
Save Money With Gas Appliances
Have Bad Credit? You Have Options
Natural Gas Conservation Tips
Filing a Complaint
How does Natural Gas Get to My House?
Senior Citizen Discounts
How We Score Natural Gas Marketers
What Is Green Gas?
What is A Variable Rate Natural Gas Plan?
What Is A Fixed Rate Natural Gas Plan?
Understanding Your Natural Gas Bill
Georgia Gas Savings Can Simplify Your Move
Easily Switch Natural Gas Providers Using Georgia Gas Savings
Natural Gas Deregulation In Georgia - Everything You Need To Know
Natural Gas Consumer Protection and Rights
5 things to Know About Natural Gas Rates and Plans in Georgia
Why Use Georgia Gas Savings?