We all want to lower our natural gas bills, save money and use it for the more enjoyable things in life, like family, travel, dining out, and entertainment. Below are 5 easy ways to drop your natural gas use and save a few bucks.
If you have gas appliances such as a water heater, furnace or pool heater, gas stove or gas oven in your home, you can:
- Get a water heater jacket insulator
- 12-25% of your gas bill can be due to heating water alone
- Turn the water heat down to 120 degrees
- Check out our HVAC Checklist
- From a safety perspective, alone, old heating units can vent carbon monoxide into your home. It's worth spending the money to find a company that can inspect and diagnose your HVAC system if necessary.
- Buy a Nest or other smart/learning thermostat
- Saves energy
- Senses when your home
- Recognizes your usage patterns
- Remote Access